Sparkle Addicts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

NOTD: Sally Hansen Nail Prisms - Garnet Lapis

Normally I wouldn't take so many pictures of polish but this one looks so different depending on lighting and angles. Which I LOVE because I can't stop looking at it. Even in the bottle it's just gorgeous!

I achieved this look with:
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS Smooth Beginnings Base Coat
1 coat of Avon NAILWEAR PRO Nail Enamel in Gunmetal (discontinued)
1 coat of Garnet Lapis (discontinued)
1 coat of Avon's NAIL EXPERTS UV Gloss Guard Top Coat

Using Avon's base and top coat has helped my polish last at least 4 days with no chipping. That says a lot since I work with my hands daily (I hand craft jewelry for a living in case you didn't know). When I clean my house, I wear those handy rubber gloves to keep my skin from drying out but it really helps the polish last longer too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
All pics were taken in natural indirect sunlight except the last one, which was taken with flash.
~BLIX

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous color! it is interesting how much it changes depending on the lightning. the polish you used on the previous post is discontinued? that was super cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these duochrome babies, I own a few polishes like that and when I wear them I keep checking out my nails, watching it change color, look up close, look farther away... lol it's an obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. The way the color changes as you change the angle and lighting is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's gorgeous, I love duochrome polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat colour! That's pretty sweet how it can look so different in different lighting!

    ReplyDelete